8.12.2013

My First Blog! pt 2

Well, that was a much needed stop. Feel better? Yeh, me too, but you know, I’m getting hungry. Do you want to find a place for lunch? How about Chick-fil-A drive thru?…

Thanks Daddy G-D for lunch! We’ll eat when we get to our 1st stop. Hey, look. There’s another vagrant on the corner. Don’t they know that panhandling is now illegal? “My grace is sufficient for them too,” replies Daddy G-D. Hmm, and it’s a young woman. I wonder what happened to her that she’s now out on the streets. Don’t stare! ~Awkward~

Uh, now I’m just going to think about her while eating my lunch. How about you? Yeh, it won’t taste so good now. Should we give her our lunch? Her sign says she’s hungry. Let’s do it! Call her over and roll down the window.

“Thank you ma’am and G-D bless you,” she says as she lays a hand on her stomach at the sight of food. As we drive away, gratitude washes over me as I realize that Daddy G-D’s grace really is sufficient for all of us. I am thankful that I’ve never gone hungry because I simply didn’t have food. He provides us our daily food.

This really did happen to me today as I was rushing from one appointment to another. It’s true that I didn’t get my lunch today, but the joy in knowing that I played a part in G-D’s grace today for that young woman met my appetite. On today’s journey, grace manifested as love in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment